I started to ponder on how much I have learned in the past year and how much I have changed. Which got me thinking about the next couple years and how much more I will learn and grow. Who I was five years ago and what mattered to me five years ago is light ages away from who I am today and what matters the most to me today.
1. The very best way to predict what someone will do in the future is to look at what they’ve done in the past
….Don’t wait around waiting for someone to be what you would like them to be. Men rarely change unless his conviction to change comes deep from within and is truly and mostly for himself and no one else. Learn to love and appreciate how amazing you are and then you will never stand for bullshit.
2. Excellence is an achievable goal – perfection is not.
….You may not be perfect but parts of you are pretty awesome. Don’t burn yourself out trying to be everything you are not. It’s ok to not do or be perfect on everything. Everyone has a bad hair day, a bad test day, a bad day at work day but you can always know every second is a chance for change. You create everyday who you want to be but just make sure your base of what you stand for is always intact.
3. You absolutely, unequivocally CANNOT please everyone
…Someone will always have a problem with you but most of the time that isn’t your problem it’s there problem. You live your life the way you see fit and right for yourself not for anyone else. You create your dreams not the girl making snide remarks or the boy who broke your heart.
4. There are very few things in life that are truly important.
You really realize this when unexpected accidents claim lives, when diseases like cancer invade and claim peace of mind, when financial struggles set in and threaten security. Love your family and friends and those who treat you right because at the end of the day these are the people who will be there for answering their phone at God awful hours just to let you know you need to stop crying and smudging your mascara.
5. The Law of Attraction is a very real and simple force. Learn to use it for benefit, and watch as your world transforms..
….if you really change your thoughts you do change your world. Whatever you want you can create and make happen. Always be positive because complaining or feeling sorry for yourself is really going to get you nowhere…sorry to say but it’s the harsh truth.
In the meantime shop til you drop,dance all those calories away, love deep, care less, laugh more and smile BIG!!!
Say what you feel and love deeply because it is better to have loved and lost then to never have loved at all.
Starting the 30-day blog challenge…….
1. I love Vince Vaughn and every comedy he has been in, pretty much, and my goal is to make you laugh because I love seeing people smile and be happy!
2. Tai Food is my favorite with wine and I could live on fortune cookies..yum!
3. I love getting pampered..facials and massages with people I love but I procrastinate a lot on the important things so the fun stuff gets left out sometimes
4. I want to be an entertainment lawyer within the next 6 years and law school has been my dream forever and IT WILL COME TRUE even if i have to stop someone on the foot with my six-inch heels…jk…sorta =)
5. I am naturally super bubbly but not when running but i do enjoy running when my body isn’t screaming for mercy…I do enjoy workout videos like fit in your jeans by friday with kim kardashian
6. Keeping Up With Kardashians is my favorite E! show because the craziness of that family reminds me of the crazy wonderfulness of mine
7. I am a shopaholic, chocoholic and loveaholic. All which get me into trouble but at the end of the day it all works out cause I look good, I taste good and I have great relationships when they are going good!
8. I am a huge book, news and article nerd so email me anything to read and I will love you for enternity cause I thirst for new knowledge everyday
9. Following politics is a priority so I realised I need to start blocking out times for everything in my life
10. I am the most honest person..brutally so..and my family/friends can always count on me…I am only a phone call or car ride away and I am willing to go the distance for you all
11. I am a conservative feminist and proud of it which means I don’t believe in alot of things liberal bra-burning feminist believe in
12. I believe the prettiest people are those that are the kindest and you should always lend a helping hand or listening ear
13. I need to get more organized fast so I can read and watch everything I want to catch up on like the tv show Modern Family
14. My favorite quote: What doesn’t kill makes me stronger”
15. I believe there is a special place in hell for women who do not help other women